Chorizo, Kale & Feta with Butternut Squash Noodles
A quick & easy carb-free dish that is so full of flavour that you don’t miss the carbs.
Serves 1 large portion/2 small
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
10 cherry tomatoes
2tsp chilli powder
Freshly ground Salt & Pepper
1tbsp olive oil plus more to drizzle
1 packet of Butternut Squash Noodles (I used M&S)
100g chorizo, chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
½ avocado, insides cubed
75g Kale, chopped
50g Feta Cheese, crumbled
¼ tsp chilli flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas mark 4.
2. Slice half of the tomatoes in half and leave the rest whole and place in a baking tray. Season with salt, pepper and chilli powder and drizzle with olive oil. Mix to combine thoroughly. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
3. Fourteen minutes into the cooking time, boil the egg for 6 minutes until soft boiled and heat a large frying pan and add the olive oil and chorizo, cook for 2 minutes. Now add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes and then add the kale and avocado. Cook until the kale starts to wilt, about 2 minutes.
4. Cook the Butternut Squash noodles as per packet instructions and add to the frying pan with roasted tomatoes and chilli flakes, stir to combine.
5. Place on a heated plate, season, sprinkle with the crumbled feta and place the soft boiled egg on top and cut open. Enjoy!