Spaghetti with Prawns, Chorizo & Rocket
A wonderfully delicious pasta dish full of flavour & freshness – my boyfriend’s favourite!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
250g dried spaghetti
2tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
2 red chillies, finely chopped
150g chorizo, chopped into bite sized pieces
200ml dry white wine
2tbsp tomato puree
1 lemon, juice & zest
250g raw king prawns
2 large handfuls of rocket
Freshly ground pepper & salt
1. In a large pan of salted water cook the spaghetti until al dente.
2. Meanwhile in a large frying pan heat the olive oil and then add the garlic, chillies and chorizo and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Now add the wine and tomato puree and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce reduces slightly.
4. Add the prawns and cook until they are cooked through.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan with half of the rocket, lemon juice and butter. Mix through until the pasta is fully coated and the rocket has wilted, season to taste.
6. To serve, divide between two warmed plates and top with lemon zest and the remaining rocket, enjoy!