The Ultimate Roast Potatoes
These are the ultimate roast potatoes, crisp on the outside and oh so fluffy on the inside!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
1.5kg floury potatoes, Maris Piper or King Edwards, peeled and cut in half
100g duck fat
8 garlic cloves
Few sprigs of thyme
Few sprigs of rosemary
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C Fan/Gas mark 7.
2. Put the potatoes in a saucepan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil, parboil for 5 minutes. Drain well and then give them a gentle shake to fluff p the sides.
3. Meanwhile place the roasting tin in the oven and melt the duck fat.
4. Sprinkle the semolina over the potatoes and carefully tip into the sizzling fat along with the garlic, thyme, rosemary and season. Toss the potatoes gently to ensure an even coating of fat and spread them out in an even layer.
5. Roast the potatoes until golden and crisp, this should take 45-50 minutes to ensure they colour evenly. When cooked to perfection pat dry with kitchen paper to remove the excess fat and serve. Enjoy!