Belly Pork in Barbecue Sauce
An extremely delicious meaty and juicy dish which is very simple to make.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
For the belly pork:
8 belly pork slices
2tbsp olive oil
1onion, peeled and sliced into wedges
Freshly ground pepper
For the sauce:
100ml dry white wine
100ml dark soy sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp light brown sugar
1 heaped tsp ground ginger
1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 6.
2. Rub the belly pork in oil and season with pepper. Place the onions in a roasting tin and place the belly pork on top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl.
4. After the belly pork has cooked for 30 minutes pour away any oil and pour over the sauce. Now cook for a further 30 minutes, basting the pork frequently.
5. Serve with rice or baked potato and a tasty salad.