Menier Chocolate Eggnog
This Chocolate Eggnog is the perfect pairing of everyone's favourite chocolate milk and the Christmas season's yummiest drink!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Chilling time: 10 minutes
100g caster sugar
3 free-range eggs, separated
600ml whole milk
¼ tsp vanilla essence
125g Menier dark chocolate, broken & extra for grating
100ml whipping cream
1. Place the caster sugar and egg yolks into a bowl and mix with an electric whisk until thick and creamy.
2. Heat the milk in a saucepan until it is near to boiling. Remove from the heat and pour into the egg yolk and sugar mixture, whisking continuously.
3. Pour the mixture back into the pan and gently heat, stirring until smooth and starting to thicken. Add the vanilla extract and rum and whisk, remove from the heat.
4. Place the chocolate into a bowl and pour over the egg & milk mixture, whisk until fully melted.
5. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until they form peaks and then fold into the cooled mixture.
6. Beat the whipping cream until thick then fold ¾ into the mixture. Place into the fridge ready for serving.
7. To serve ladle into 8 glasses and top with a spoonful of whipping cream and grated chocolate.