Courgette Spaghetti with Italian Sausage & Pesto
A very quick & easy carb-free dish that is so full of flavour that you don’t miss the carbs.
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 7-10 minutes
For the Pesto:
25g fresh basil leaves
1 small clove of garlic, peeled
2tbsp pine nuts, toasted
2tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
4tbsp olive oil
1tbsp olive oil
3 Italian sausages
½ tsp chilli flakes
9 cherry tomatoes
1 packet of Courgette Spaghetti (shop bought – I used M&S)
Freshly ground pepper
Parmesan cheese, for serving
1. For the pesto, place the basil, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan cheese into a food processor. Blend all the ingredients and then gradually slowly add the olive oil whilst blending until you have a smooth paste. Set aside.
2. Remove the casing from the sausages and break into bite-sized pieces. In a large frying pan heat the oil and cook the sausage for 3-4 minutes until browned. Now add the chilli flakes and tomatoes stir through and cover for 3 minutes on a medium heat.
3. Meanwhile heat the Courgette Spaghetti to packet instructions.
4. Now partially squash the tomatoes and add the cooked spaghetti with 2tbsp of pesto, stir through and season with pepper.
5. Serve on a warmed plate with a good sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Enjoy!