Beef & Apricot Tagine
This sweet & spicy tagine with melt in the mouth tender beef is a wonderful taste combination!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
1 tbsp sunflower oil
750g braising steak, fat trimmed & cut into 3cm cubes
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
2 onions, peeled & sliced
3 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2tsp ground coriander
2tsp ground cumin
2 tsp hot chilli powder
3tbsp runny honey
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
400g tin of chickpeas, drained
400ml beef stock
75g dried apricots, halved
Small bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Couscous or rice
Serving Dish:- World of Flavours Mediterranean Ceramic Patterned Large Tagine Find your nearest stockist here: http://www.kitchencraft.co.uk/categories/cooking/tagines/ceramic_patterned_large_tagine_wfmdtag30.htm
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas mark 4.
2. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole or large frying pan. Season the beef well and gently fry for 1 minute with the onions and garlic until lightly coloured. Now add the cinnamon, coriander, cumin and chilli powder and gently cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the honey, tomatoes, chickpeas and stock to the dish and bring to the simmer. Place the beef tagine into a oven proof Tagine or casserole dish and cover, cook in the oven for 1 hour.
4. Now add the apricots to the tagine, replace the lid and cook for a further 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the beef is tender.
5. To serve, sprinkle with fresh parsley and couscous or rice. Enjoy!