Sausage & Mustard Pasta
A tasty and very easy dish to make! Sausage & Mustard, a perfect combination...
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, peeled, sliced
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
200g pasta (use your favourite)
6 good quality sausages
1 small handful fresh flatleaf parsley, roughly chopped
1 tbsp Dijon or English Mustard
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
a small pot of double cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Add the oil to large hot frying pan or wok and fry the onions and garlic until soft and slightly golden but not crisp.
2. Meanwhile cook the pasta in boiling salted water as per packet instructions.
3. Remove the skin from the sausages and divide the sausage meat into 1 inch pieces and add to the onions and cook for a few minutes.
4. Add the parsley and then add the mustards.
5. Stir in the cream and check the seasoning, taste, and add more mustard if needed. Drain the pasta and add to the sausage and mustard. Serve on warm plates with a sprinkling of chopped parsley.
v You can use a variety of different mustards for this recipe & different flavoured sausages. I love to experiment with the different and unique flavoured sausages I buy from the farmers market.