Cod & Chorizo with Orzo
A tasty and very easy dish to make! Cod & Chorizo, what a beautiful combination...
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-30 minutes
200g/7oz orzo pasta
225g/8oz cod fillet, skinless & boneless
Freshly ground salt & pepper
3 tbsp olive oil
200g/7oz cooking chorizo, roughly chopped
½ tsp smoked hot paprika
90g/3 ½ oz roasted red peppers (from a jar), cut into strips
3 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
½ lemon, juice only
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C (390 F), Gas mark 6.
2. Bring a large pan of salt water to the boil and cook the orzo per packet instructions, drain and set aside.
3. Season the cod with salt & pepper. Heat an ovenproof frying pan and add 1 tbsp olive oil and fry the cod for 1-2 minutes on each side and place in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
4. Remove the fish from the oven and flake onto a plate.
5. Heat a pan until hot and then add 2 tbsp of olive oil and the chorizo and fry for 2-3 minutes or until all the oils are released from the chorizo. Using a slotted spoon, remove the chorizo and set aside.
6. Add the orzo and smoked paprika to the pan, stir well to coat in the oil and cook for 1-2 minutes then add the roasted peppers, cod and chorizo. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste and then stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
7. To serve, spoon onto warm serving plates.