BBQ Belly Pork with Noodles
Try this mouth-watering crispy pork belly & noodle recipe for an easy way to enjoy pork that tastes delicious! Make sure to use Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce to make this dish taste sensational!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes
For the belly pork:
8 belly pork slices
2tbsp olive oil
1onion, peeled and sliced into wedges
Freshly ground pepper
For the belly pork BBQ sauce:
75ml dry white wine
75ml Lee Kum Kee dark soy sauce*
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1tbsp light brown sugar
1 heaped tsp ground ginger
1 heaped tbsp tomato puree
For the sauce:
1tbsp sesame oil
1 large red pepper, deseeded & sliced
3 spring onions, sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded & sliced
150g bean sprouts
300g medium egg noodles
Handful of coriander leaves, chopped
For the sauce
2tbsp Lee Kum Kee Double Deluxe soy sauce*
2tbsp oyster sauce
1tbsp rice vinegar
- For the belly pork, preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 6.
- Rub the belly pork in oil and season with pepper. Place the onions in a roasting tin and place the belly pork on top. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- After the belly pork has cooked for 30 minutes pour away any oil and pour over the sauce. Now cook for a further 30 minutes, basting the pork frequently. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and set aside, reserving the sauce and onions from the roasting tin.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok and add the sesame oil to the pan and stir-fry the pepper, spring onions and chilli for 2-3 minutes. Add the beansprouts and half the chopped coriander for the last 30 seconds. Remove the vegetables and set aside.
- For the sauce, add the reserved BBQ sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and rice vinegar to the wok and allow to reduce to a syrupy glaze.