Red Wine Risotto with Gorgonzola, Walnuts & Orange
This risotto is full of flavour, in each mouthful there is a different flavour. It is definitely one to try!
Serves 4 (8 for starter)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1.5 litres of chicken or vegetable stock
2 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, peeled & chopped
350g risotto rice
200ml red wine (full-bodied works best)
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 oranges, zest only
100g Parmesan cheese, grated plus extra to serve
100g crushed walnuts
1. In a large pan bring the stock to the boil.
2. Place a large frying pan over a medium heat; add the oil and half of the butter. When the butter has melted gently cook the shallots for 3 minutes or until softened. Now add the rice and stir through until fully coated with oil and butter.
3. Increase the heat to full and add the red wine. Stir continuously until the wine has been fully absorbed. Now gradually add the stock a ladleful at a time. When a ladleful has been absorbed add the next, don’t stop stirring the risotto.
4. After 14 minutes of stirring add the orange zest, another ladleful of stock and crumble in the Gorgonzola and stir through. Season to taste!
5. When the rice is cooked add the remaining butter and the Parmesan cheese. Stir through and serve with extra Parmesan and crushed walnuts. Enjoy!