Double Chocolate Pancakes
Everyone loves pancakes but these double chocolate pancakes are amazing!
Preparation time: 15 minutes (plus resting time)
Cooking time: 30 minutes
150g/5 ½ oz plain flour
Pinch of salt
250ml/9 fl oz milk
100ml/3 ½ fl oz water
1 large egg
2 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp single cream
butter, for greasing
For the filling:
140g/5 oz white chocolate, broken into small pieces
150ml/5 fl oz single cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
25g/1oz milk chocolate, roughly grated
1. Sift the flour and salt into a large jug. Add the milk, water, egg and butter and whisk until it is smooth.
2. Pour 150ml of the batter into a jug and whisk in the cocoa powder and the cream. Leave the 2 batters to stand for 15 minutes.
3. Grease a frying pan and heat over a medium heat. Pour the batter from the two separate jugs, swirl the two colours of batter together so it covers the pan with a thin layer of batter.
4. Cook until the underside is golden, flip over with a palette knife and cook the other side until golden.
5. Repeat this process, separate the pancakes with kitchen paper and keep warm.
6. For the filling, place the white chocolate, cream and vanilla extract in a small saucepan and place over a low heat. Stir until the chocolate has melted.
7. Transfer the chocolate to small jug and pour a little onto each pancake. Fold over, top with a sprinkling of grated chocolate and serve immediately with the remaining chocolate sauce on the side, enjoy!