A delicious home-made curry which is filled full of flavour and very easy to make!
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking time 50 minutes
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, peeled & finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled, sliced
1 tsp chilli powder
3 tsp ground turmeric
750g/1lb 10oz chicken breast, cut into large chunks
400g can of chopped tomatoes
2 tsp ground ginger
3 tsp ground cumin
3 tsp ground coriander
2 tbsp melted butter
1 lemon, juice only
basmati rice, cooked according to packet instructions
2 limes, cut into wedges
2 handfuls fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
1. In a large frying pan or wok heat the oil and add the onion and garlic. Fry over a low to medium heat for 5 minutes or until softened.
2. In a bowl mix together the chilli powder, turmeric and salt, add the chicken pieces and mix until fully coated.
3. Now add the chicken to the pan and fry for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
4. Add the tomatoes, ginger, cumin, coriander into the pan, cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Add water if the pan becomes to dry.
5. Stir through the butter and add the lemon juice to taste.
6. To serve, divide between 4 warm serving plates. Serve with rice, Indian breads and lime wedges and sprinkle with the chopped coriander, enjoy!