Banana & Chocolate Muffins
A perfect weekend breakfast or accompaniment for a coffee break! The banana makes the muffins stay moist days after baking when most would go stale.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
3 ripe bananas
125ml vegetable oil
2 eggs, beaten
100g soft light brown sugar
225g plain flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 6 and line a 12 bun muffin tin with papers or muffin cases.
2. Place the bananas in a bowl and mash with a fork, mix in the oil, eggs and sugar.
3. Mix together the flour, cocoa powder and bicarbonate of soda, add to the banana mixture beating gently.
4. Spoon into the muffin cases and then bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool in the muffin tin and then place on a wire rack... enjoy!!
* Store in an airtight container, they will keep for 2-3 days.
* To serve warm, reheat in a warm oven for 5 minutes.
* The muffins are suitable for freezing and can be kept frozen for up to 3 months.