Spaghetti with Italian Sausage & Vodka Sauce
Deliciously spicy vodka & sausage spaghetti which is quick and easy to make!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
500g/17 ½ oz Spaghetti
2 tbsp olive oil
450g/1 lb Italian sausage, casing removed and chopped
2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1 tsp chilli flakes
4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1 tin of chopped tomatoes
120ml double cream
Small bunch of fresh basil, finely chopped
Freshly grated parmesan to serve
Fresh basil sprigs, to serve
1. Cook the pasta as per packet instructions.
2. In a large frying pan or wok heat the oil. Add the sausage and cook for 3-4 minutes or until browned.
3. Add the onions, salt & chilli flakes and cook until the onions are soft and golden, 4-5 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds and then add the tomatoes, stir until thick, about 2 minutes.
5. Now add the vodka and cook until the sauce has reduced by half, 3-4 minutes. Stir in the cream and cook for 2 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Stir in the basil and remove from the heat.
6. Toss the sauce with the pasta to coat evenly and transfer to a pasta bowls for serving. Top with cheese and sprig of basil and serve immediately.