A very quick and easy curry to make but best of all it is delicious!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
500g/17 ½ oz large prawns, peeled and uncooked
1 tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp sea salt
2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
2cm fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
4 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
3 green chillies, deseeded and roughly chopped
2 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp chilli powder
4 green cardamom pods
1 cinnamon stick
400ml can of coconut milk
Small handful of fresh coriander, finely chopped
Basmati rice or Indian breads to serve
1. Place the prawn in a bowl with the turmeric and salt, mix well and leave to marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Put the onions, ginger, garlic and chillies into a food processor and blend until you have a fine paste.
3. Heat a large pan or wok and add the oil, now add the mustard seeds, chilli powder, cardamom pods and cinnamon stick. Fry for about 1-2 minutes until the mustard seeds begin to pop.
4. Add the paste and fry on a low heat for about 10-12 minutes, stir frequently. Now add the coconut milk and let simmer. Now add the prawns to the pan and let simmer for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Add the coriander and serve the curry with basmati rice and Indian breads.