Salmon with Charmoula
A light, satisfying salmon dish with a deep, aromatic flavoursome sauce that makes it special – a very complimentary combination!
Prep time: 2 hours 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
For the Charmoula
4 garlic cloves, peeled
20g / 2/3 oz fresh coriander
20g/ 2/3 oz fresh flat leaf parsley
2 fl oz/60 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 pinch of salt
1 ½ tsp paprika
¾ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
4 fl oz/125 ml extra virgin olive oil
4 x 185g salmon fillets, skin removed
Bunch of asparagus, to serve
1. To make the charmoula, place all the charmoula ingredients into a food processor and blend until you have smooth paste. Measure out 3 tbsp of the sauce and reserve. Put the remaining sauce into a serving bowl, cover and refrigerate.
2. Put the salmon on a platter and rub both sides of the salmon with the 3 tbsp of sauce. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5.
4. Remove the salmon and the sauce from the fridge and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
5. Wrap the salmon in foil and fully seal and place onto an oven tray. Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. In the meantime prepare the asparagus.
6. Remove the salmon from the oven and plate with the asparagus and top each fillet with a generous spoonful of charmoula. Enjoy!