Spicy Chorizo Pasta
This is a very quick and easy to make pasta dish with chorizo, tomatoes, red wine, chillies & garlic... delicious!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
300g/10 ½ oz chorizo, sliced
3-4 kashmiri chillies
3 cloves of garlic, peeled
150ml/5 fl oz red wine
1 x 400g/14 oz tinned chopped tomatoes
2 tsp caster sugar
200ml/6 ½ fl oz crème fraiche
Bunch of fresh basil, torn
Freshly ground salt & pepper
400g/14 oz penne pasta
Parmesan cheese to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile blitz the chillies and garlic in a blender and add to the chorizo, fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the red wine and reduce for 3-4 minutes and then add the tomatoes and sugar and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime cook the penne as per packet instructions, drain and set aside.
4. Add the crème fraiche and basil to the chorizo and stir until all mixed through. Season to taste and add the penne and stir until fully coated.
5. Divide the pasta between four plates and serve with a sprinkling of parmesan.