Spicy Chicken Goan Curry
This is a very simple and easy to make nutritious curry packed full of flavours & freshness.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For the curry paste
1 onion, roughly chopped
3-4 chillies, de-seeded and roughly chopped
1 tsp ground coriander
3 tsp tamarind paste
For the curry
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 x 400ml/14 fl oz tin of coconut milk
Large handful of fresh mint
Bunch of fresh coriander
2 garlic cloves, peeled
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp caster sugar
4 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
300g/10 ½ oz potatoes, cut into pieces the same size as chicken
Basmati rice & Indian breads to serve
1. For the curry paste, place the onion, chillies, ground coriander, garlic and tamarind in a food processor and blend to a paste.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the curry paste and fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Meanwhile place the coconut milk, spinach, mint, coriander, garlic, salt and sugar into a food processor and blitz. Add the mixture to the pan and bring to the boil and then let simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes and chicken and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through.
5. Serve the curry with rice and Indian breads.
v You can substitute the chicken for prawns.