Salmon Wrapped in Prosciutto with Herb & Spinach Lentils
This is a wonderful salmon dish which is full of freshness and very quick and easy to make. Delicious!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 25-30 minutes
250g/9oz puy lentils
4 x 225g/8oz salmon fillets, skinned and pin-boned
Salt and freshly ground pepper
8 slices of prosciutto
Juice of 1 lemon
1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
1 handful of fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
3 handfuls of spinach leaves, chopped
200ml/7 fl oz natural yogurt
1. Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
2. Put the lentils into a pan cover with three times their volume of water or use half white wine for extra flavour. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20-25 minutes until the lentils are tender.
3. Season the salmon fillets with pepper and wrap with 2 slices of the prosciutto. Leave some of the salmon exposed and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Drain the liquid from the lentils and season with salt and pepper then add the freshly squeezed lemon juice and a good drizzle of olive oil.
5. Add the herbs and spinach to the lentils and stir on a medium heat until the herbs and spinach have wilted.
6. Place the lentils and salmon on plates and drizzle with yogurt which has been lightly seasoned.