The Best Banana Bread
This has to be the BEST banana bread I have ever tasted. It is very easy to make with perfect results every time... a perfect breakfast!
Makes 10 slices
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
110g butter, softened plus extra for greasing
225g caster sugar
4 ripe bananas mashed
1tsp vanilla extract
285g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
½ tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
2. In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together until you have a light and fluffy mixture. Mix in the eggs, mashed bananas, buttermilk and vanilla extract.
3. Sift in the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda and fold into the mixture.
4. Grease a 20cm x 12.5cm/8in x 5in loaf tin and pour in the cake mixture.
5. Place in the oven and bake for an hour or until risen and golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely before serving. Enjoy.
· Make sure to use over-ripe bananas and the right size cake tin.
· If you do not have buttermilk you can use normal milk mixed with 1 ½ tsp of lemon juice or vinegar.