Bistro-Style Roast Chicken
Dark golden crispy skin and tender juicy meat makes this chicken a weekly must.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
1tbsp rosemary, chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 lemon, juice only
60g unsalted butter
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Pinch of paprika
Freshly ground salt and pepper
1 medium chicken
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C/Gas mark 7.
- In a small bowl mix together all the ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Coat the chicken all over with the herb mixture. Place the chicken on an oiled rack in a large, heavy roasting tin. Pour 250ml water into the pan, you may need to add more water to the pan if becomes dry during roasting.
- Roast the chicken, basting several times with the pan juices, for one hour or until golden brown and the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a knife.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes before carving.