Soufflé Baked Potatoes with Cheddar
This is a deliciously comforting main course or can be served as a side!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 80 minutes
4 baking potatoes
2 eggs, separated
120g Mature Cheddar Cheese
2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
1 x 85g watercress, roughly chopped
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Freshly ground salt & pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan assisted/Gas mark 6.
2. Place the potatoes on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 1 hour and set aside until they are cool enough to handle. Now cut the potatoes in half and scoop out all the potato into a bowl and reserve the skins.
3. Mix the potato with the egg yolks, cheese, chives and watercress – season to taste.
4. In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff and then fold into the potato mix. Now spoon the mixture back into the skins.
5. Return to the oven for 20 minutes and serve immediately – enjoy!