A quick and easy solution to a full English breakfast but just as delicious!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
25g butter, for frying
3 onions, peeled & sliced
1 clove of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
4 pork sausages, cooked & sliced
6 large eggs, beaten
125ml double cream
1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
Salt & freshly ground pepper
400g tin of baked beans, cooked
1. Preheat your grill onto the highest setting.
2. In a large frying pan melt the butter over a low heat, add the sliced onions and garlic and gently fry for 10-15 minutes until softened. Now add the cooked sausages and stir well.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, cream, thyme and season well.
4. Add the egg mixture to the sausage and onions, stir well over a medium heat for 10 minutes. Transfer the frying pan to under the grill for 5 minutes or until set and golden.
5. To serve, turn the frittata out onto a large plate and cut into quarters. Place a quarter of the frittata onto four warmed serving plates and serve with a generous spoonful of baked beans.