Chicken Pad Thai
A delicious fresh dish that showcases the classic Thai harmony of sweet, sour and spice!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
4 chicken thighs, bones removed
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large shallot, peeled & finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely sliced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, peeled & finely chopped
3 red birds eye chillies, sliced
100g/ 3 ½ oz peeled cooked prawns
300g/10 ½ oz rice noodles, cooked as per packet instructions
100g/3 ½ oz beansprouts
4 tbsp tamarind
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 tbsp fish sauce
½ tsp ground white pepper
1 lime, juice only
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp fresh coriander, roughly chopped
2 tbsp roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok, add the chicken thighs skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes, turn the thighs over and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set aside, when the chicken begins to cool thinly slice.
2. Heat the wok with the remaining oil and add the shallot, garlic, chillies and ginger, stir-fry for one minute.
3. Add the prawns and chicken and cook for another minute. Now add the noodles and beansproats to heat through.
4. Add the tamarind, soy sauce, fish sauce, pepper and lime juice, mix through to coat all the ingredients. Add the egg and continue to stir through for 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with the coriander and half of the nuts.
6. To serve, divide the pad Thai between 4 warm serving dishes and sprinkle over the peanuts, enjoy!