Roast Garlic, Olive & Ricotta Tagliatelle
A delicious and very easy to make mid week meal! The smell of the roasting garlic is amazing.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
6 plump cloves of garlic, left whole
100g/3 ½ oz stoned black olives
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
40g/1 ½ oz pine nuts
½ lemon, zest & juice
Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
150g ricotta cheese
300g/10 ½ oz tagliatelle, cooked as per packet instructions
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas mark 6.
2. Place the garlic and olives in a roasting tin, toss in the olive oil until fully coated. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes turning occasionally.
3. Add the pine nuts to the roasting tin and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Drain the cooked pasta reserving some of the cooking water in the pan with the tagliatelle. Add the lemon zest and juice, stir in the contents of the roasting tin. Season with salt & pepper and add the ricotta cheese.
5. Divide into two pasta bowls, season with pepper with a drizzle of olive oil. Serve straight away... enjoy!