Salmon with a Pesto & Parmesan Crust
The salmon, pesto & parmesan is a wonderful combination… and that is not all - it is very quick and easy to prepare.
Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the Pesto
25g fresh basil
1 clove of garlic
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
60ml/4 tbsp olive oil
For the Salmon
2 x 150g-175g/5-6oz skinless salmon fillets
½ lemon, juice only
Freshly ground salt & pepper
the freshly prepared pesto
3 tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
3 tbsp finely grated parmesan
Seasonal vegetables of your choice
1. Preheat the oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8.
2. To make the pesto, place the basil, garlic, pine nuts and parmesan cheese into a food processor and blend. Once you have a paste slowly pour in the olive oil until you have a smooth paste and then set aside.
3. Now place the salmon fillets onto a baking tray lined with foil and greased. Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the fillets and season.
4. Place the pesto into a small bowl and add 1 tbsp of the breadcrumbs and mix until you have a paste, spread evenly over the fillets.
5. Mix half the parmesan with the remaining breadcrumbs and scatter over the pesto. Finish off by topping with the remaining cheese.
6. Place the baking tray in the oven and cook for 10 minutes until the topping is golden brown & crispy and the salmon is fully cooked and moist. Serve with seasonal vegetables.