Tuna Steaks with New Potatoes & Salsa Verde
This tantalising seared tuna steak is bursting with zingy flavours from the salsa verde… mint, parsley, basil, capers, anchovies, garlic, lemon, red wine vinegar and Dijon Mustard…. Delicious!!
Prep time: 2 hours
Cooking time: 15 minutes
4 x 250g/9oz fresh tuna steaks
5 tbsp olive oil
Freshly ground salt & pepper
4 handfuls of new potatoes
For the salsa verde
Small bunch of mint
Small bunch of parsley
Small bunch of basil
2 tsp capers, chopped
4 anchovy fillets, chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
1 lemon, zest and juice only
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1. Marinate the tuna steaks in the olive oil, salt and pepper for at least 2 hours before cooking.
2. For the salsa verde, put all the ingredients into a food processor and blend. If the mixture is too thick add more olive oil or red wine vinegar. Season to taste and then set aside.
3. Boil the new potatoes for 12-15 minutes or until cooked.
4. Preheat a griddle pan until hot and then cook the tuna steaks, approximately 2 minutes each side.
5. Crush the potatoes with a fork and mix with half the salsa verde.
6. Serve the tuna with the potatoes on the side and pour over the remainder of the salsa verde. Enjoy!