Spicy Pancetta and Pepper Pasta
A rich and rustic spicy pasta dish which is quick and easy to make – a delicious mid-week meal!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
150g/5 oz pancetta, diced
2 celery stalks, sliced
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
3 long red chillies, de-seeded and finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh thyme
1 tbsp fresh rosemary
2 x 400g/14 oz tin of chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp milk
Freshly ground pepper
2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan and extra for serving
Your favourite pasta cooked as per packet instructions
1. In a large frying pan or wok heat the oil and then fry the pancetta until it starts to crisp.
2. Add the celery and red pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes or until it begins to soften.
3. Add the chillies, garlic, thyme and rosemary, fry for 1-2 minutes. Now add the tomatoes and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 35-40 minutes. Add the milk and season to taste before adding the parmesan.
5. Meanwhile prepare the pasta and add to the tomato sauce and mix through.
6. Share the pasta between four plates and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!