Rustic Smoked Salmon Quiche
A wonderfully quick and easy rustic quiche; with smoked salmon, potatoes, bacon, dill and crème fraiche.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
225g/8oz ready-made shortcrust pastry
1 egg, beaten
200g/7oz smoked salmon, chopped
100g/3 ½ oz smoked bacon lardons, cooked
100g/ 3 ½ oz new potatoes, cooked & cubed
1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
200ml/7fl oz crème fraiche
1 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
1 tsp English mustard
Freshly ground salt & pepper
Salad to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
2. Roll the pastry until it is slightly larger than a 25cm/10inch loose bottomed cake/flan tin. Place in a greased tin and cut the excess pastry from the edges.
3. Prick the pastry with a fork then cover with grease proof pastry and fill with rice or dried beans. Put in the oven and cook for 20 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and remove the grease proof paper and beans or rice. Brush the pastry case with egg and place back into the oven for a further 5 minutes until golden brown.
5. Place the salmon, bacon and potatoes evenly in the bottom of the pastry case.
6. In a bowl mix together the eggs, crème fraiche, dill, mustard and nutmeg. Season to taste and pour the mixture into the pastry case.
7. Place the quiche back into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until the quiche has set.
8. Leave to cool and then serve with salad. Enjoy!