Roasted Lamb Chops with Potatoes & Garlic
Rosemary, garlic & lamb form a perfect combination.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
650g new potatoes, such as Jersey Royals
2 tbsp olive oil
5 cloves of garlic, peeled
2 leeks, halved & cut into 2.5cm pieces
2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
8 lamb chops, trimmed if necessary
Freshly ground salt & pepper
1 heaped tbsp corn flour
1 small glass red wine
400ml beef or vegetable stock
Vegetable’s of your choice to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 5 minutes. Place the oil in the base of a large roasting tin, then add the potatoes, 4 garlic cloves, leeks and rosemary. Toss together until evenly coated in the oil.
- Thinly slice the remaining garlic clove into slithers and make 2 slits in lamb chops with a very sharp knife and insert the garlic slithers. Place the lamb chops on top and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then turn the chops and stir the potatoes and leeks to help them brown evenly. Return the tin to the oven for a further 20 minutes, stirring the vegetables once more, until the chops are cooked through and the vegetables are golden and tender.
- Remove the lamb chops & potatoes and place on a baking tray and put back in the oven whilst you make the gravy.
- Drain the oil from the leeks & garlic and place on the hob on a medium heat and add the corn flour and mix. Add the red wine and mix and allow to reduce by half, then add the stock and season to taste. Strain the gravy and gently heat in a pan and serve with the lamb and vegetables, together with your favourite spring vegetables.
v If you prefer substitute the leeks for onions or stir in cherry tomatoes for the last 20 minutes.
v For the best results choose small even sized potatoes.