Pan Seared Tuna with Salsa
This tantalising tuna dish is bursting with colour and cool-salsa flavours – a very healthy dish.
Ready in 20 minutes
2 tsp paprika
4 tbsp light soy sauce
Salt and freshly ground pepper
4 tuna steaks
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
2 red peppers
Juice of 1 lemon
6 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
Lime wedges, to serve
1. Grate the rind and squeeze the juice from the limes. Mix the lime rind and juice with the paprika, soy sauce and 6 tablespoons water. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, pour over the tuna steaks and leave to marinate.
2. Meanwhile, finely chop the tomatoes, red onion and garlic. Then deseed and chop the red peppers.
3. Mix together the tomatoes, onion, pepper, garlic, lemon juice and coriander and season to taste. Cover and set aside.
4. Heat a non-stick griddle pan until very hot. Add the tuna and cook for 7-10 minutes, turning halfway through and basting frequently with leftover marinade.
5. Serve the tuna hot with the salsa and garnished with lime wedges.
v This recipe works equally well with any fish steak or fillet.