Roast Cod on a bed of spiced Puy Lentils
An easy Cod recipe to prepare on a tasty bed of Puy lentils – a healthy alternative to fish & chips!
(Ready in 35 minutes)
For the roast Cod
4 x 200g thick cod fillet
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp mild curry powder
For the spiced Puy Lentils
275g Puy Lentils
1 tbsp olive oil
2 fat garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ tsp ground cumin
1 small red onion, finely chopped
4 tbsp fresh chicken stock
Lemon juice, to taste
3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Low-fat natural yogurt, cayenne pepper and fresh coriander sprigs to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7
2. In a medium sized pan of simmering water cook the Puy Lentils for 20 minutes (or until tender).
3. After 15 minutes mix the olive oil for the cod with the curry powder, brush all over the fish and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat an ovenproof frying pan over a medium/high heat. Grease with a little oil and add the cod, meaty side down. Fry for 2 minutes until they are light golden, turn over and transfer the pan to the oven to roast for 5 minutes.
5. Drain the lentils and heat the oil in a clean pan. Add the garlic, chilli and cumin, when sizzling stir in the lentils, onion and stock until warmed through. Add the lemon juice and seasoning to taste and stir in the coriander.
6. Spoon the lentils onto warm plates. Place the cod on top and serve with the yogurt, paprika and coriander.