Chorizo, Red Pepper & Stilton Quiche
This quiche is so easy to make and always goes down well, delicious served hot or cold. If blue cheese doesn’t take your fancy then you can use cheddar or any other hard cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes,
Cooking time: 45-50 minutes
225g ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
100g chorizo, sliced & halved
1 red onion, peeled & finely chopped
100g roasted red pepper, from a jar - sliced
2 large eggs
2 egg yolks
150ml double cream
120g stilton cheese, crumbled
Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C Fan/Gas Mark 4.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry and line a deep flan dish, press the dough into the sides and remove any excess pastry.
3. For the filling, heat a large frying pan and dry fry the lardons for 3-4 minutes. Add the onion and fry for a further 3-4 minutes, then spread over the pastry case and top with the roasted red peppers.
4. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, double cream, milk and pepper, and pour into the pastry case and top with the crumbled cheese. Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden and set.
5. Allow to cool slightly and serve while still hot or cold.