This is a very quick and easy to make pasta dish with sausages, chorizo, tomatoes, red wine, chillies & garlic... delicious!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
350g good quality sausages (I used beef & cracked pepper), remove casing & chop
100g chorizo, sliced
1 tsp flaked chillies (more if you like it really spicy)
3 cloves of garlic, peeled & finely chopped
150ml red wine
1 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
2 tsp caster sugar
200ml crème fraiche
Bunch of fresh basil, torn
Freshly ground salt & pepper
400g penne pasta
Parmesan cheese to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the sausages, chorizo for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the chilli flakes and garlic to the sausage and chorizo, fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the red wine and reduce for 3-4 minutes and then add the tomatoes and sugar and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime cook the penne as per packet instructions, drain and set aside.
4. Add the crème fraiche and basil to the sausage & chorizo and stir until all mixed through. Season to taste and add the penne and stir until fully coated.
5. Divide the pasta between four plates and serve with a sprinkling of parmesan.