Scallops with Squid-Ink Spaghetti
A very simple, quick & easy but extremely delicious seafood pasta dish!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
200g squid-ink spaghetti or normal spaghetti
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp curry powder
2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely sliced
1 red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
250ml dry white wine
½ lemon, juice only
Small handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
Freshly ground pepper
1. In a large pan cook the pasta in lightly salted water until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, in a large frying pan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. In a small bowl toss the scallops in the curry powder and then add to the pan searing the scallops on each side for 1 minute, remove and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil to the frying pan on a low-medium heat and add the garlic and chilli, stir for 1 minute. Now add the wine and add half the butter, increase the heat and boil for 5 minutes.
4. Return the scallops to the pan and stir in the lemon juice. Remove from the heat.
5. Drain the pasta and add to the pasta, return to the heat and stir through to make sure the pasta is fully coated. Now add the parsley and the remaining butter, season with pepper and serve immediately – enjoy!