The BEST Singapore-style Noodles
Wow, these are the best Singapore Noodles I have ever tasted by far! If you want an absolutely delicious but quick and easy meal, this is the one for you!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
2 tbsp groundnut oil
2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
1 red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
5 fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced
2 tsp ground turmeric
100g/3 ½ oz smoked bacon, finely chopped
1 carrot, cut into strips
1 handful of beansproats
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
250g/9 oz dried vermicelli rice noodles, pre-soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drain
1 tsp crushed dried chillies
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 free-range egg, beaten
Splash of toasted sesame oil
2 spring onions, sliced diagonally
1. Heat your wok until it is smoking and then add the groundnut oil. Add the garlic, ginger, fresh chilli, mushrooms and turmeric, stir fry for 10-20 seconds.
2. Add the bacon and cook for 30 seconds and then add the carrots, beansproats and cooked chicken, stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Now add the noodles and toss in the wok for 1-2 minutes.
4. Season the noodles with the dried chillies, soy sauce, oyster sauce and vinegar; stir well so the noodles are fully coated.
5. Add the beaten egg and stir gently for 1 minute or until the egg is cooked through. Add a splash of sesame oil, it is now ready to serve. Pile onto a serving plate and add the spring onion to garnish. Enjoy!!