Orange Gingernut Biscuits
The perfect accompaniment for a coffee break! Absolutely deliciously moreish….!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
350g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
200g caster sugar
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
125g oz butter
75g golden syrup
1 egg beaten
1 tsp grated orange rind
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C/140°C/Gas Mark 3 and lightly grease your baking trays to make 15-20 biscuits.
2. Sieve the flour, salt, caster sugar, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.
3. Heat the syrup and butter together in a pan on a very low heat until all the butter has melted. Set aside until it cools slightly.
4. Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients, add the egg and orange rind and mix thoroughly. Using your hand mould the dough into 15-20 even sized balls.
5. Place on the baking trays well apart from each other then flatten slightly with your fingers.
6. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!