Spicy Chorizo Penne
This is a very quick and easy to make pasta dish with chorizo, tomatoes, “just add wine*”, chillies & garlic... delicious!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
1 tbsp olive oil
300g chorizo, sliced
3-4 kashmiri chillies
3 cloves of garlic, peeled
1 x sachet of “Just add Wine”* or 175ml red wine
1 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
2 tsp caster sugar
200ml crème fraiche
Bunch of fresh basil, torn
Freshly ground salt & pepper
400g oz penne pasta
Parmesan cheese to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes.
2. Meanwhile blitz the chillies and garlic in a blender and add to the chorizo, fry for 1-2 minutes. Add a sachet of “just add wine*” and then add the tomatoes and sugar and bring to the boil, simmer for 10 minutes.
3. In the meantime cook the penne as per packet instructions, drain and set aside.
4. Add the crème fraiche and basil to the chorizo and stir until all mixed through. Season to taste and add the penne and stir until fully coated.
5. Divide the pasta between four plates and serve with a sprinkling of parmesan. Enjoy!
· * “Just Add Wine” is a sachet which is the equivalent of 175ml red wine. You can purchase Just Add Wine at Sainsbury’s or online at http://www.thesurreycook.co.uk/ A definite must have for every store cupboard.